Infection controls and universal precautions protect patients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss our guidelines for infection control with Dr. Hourieh Tayefi at any time.
Dr. Hourieh Tayefi and our entire team at Sky Dental follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The guidelines include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves, face masks and protection barrier system
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
- Proper disposal of sharps and needles.
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental and hygiene hand pieces after each patient use. The sterilization process used at Sky Dental goes beyond Canadian Federal and Provincial requirements, we utilize a Canadian made Hydrium instrument washers which studies have shown by CDC (Centre for Disease Control) to be the most effective pathogenic organic debris remover vs traditional ultrasonic cleaners used in most Dental Offices today.
We also utilize an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is knowledge and information. Therefore, the more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you inquire, the more you will feel comfortable and confident about Sky Dental and our strict infection control policy. Ask to view our state-of-the-art sterilization centre during your visit at Sky Dental in North York.
- Hydrum for instrument cleaning
- Autoclave for sterilization, monitoring system is regular Bioligic indicators and Spore tests
- 3M Attest BI reader providing results in 24 minutes
- Vistapure system for water filtration
- Jade airpurifiers
- Meticulous infection control Logs and Regular Audits
Feel free to ask questions about infection control!